Tiger Cooling

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tiger Cooling
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 08:12:06 -0700
John,

I tried Redline's Water Wetter and found no reduction in operating
temperature. This was when my car had the stock 260, a 4 core with the
original fan shroud and the original oil filter mounting. I now suspect
that my 260 had been bored out by the PO. Hence the overheating problem.
Not a lot of history came with the car. I now run a 302 with aluminum
heads, a 4 core with the shroud, a 19 row oil cooler with a remote filter
mounted inside the left fender. I do run a block off plate on the right
side of the radiator. I mounted a catch can in the left side hole. I
mounted a 12" electric fan to the front of the radiator and I switch it
manually if I get caught in bad traffic. I run an old asymmetrical Flex
Fan,
trimmed to clear the rack. My hood has 20 louvers to exhaust engine heat,
but the fresh air scoop probably affects their efficiency. My car runs 180
to 185 most of the time. It might hit 195 to 200 in the summer in San Diego
sitting in bad traffic.

M. Sutter / B382002475