Re: List Hats

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: List Hats
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 16:31:43 +0100

STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com wrote:

>      Neat idea.  I'd probably buy one.  Now all we have to do is agree on
>      the logo and what we call this.  The Tiger Network?  The Tiger Web?
>
>          Stu

Well, Stu

I think you may have jit on the major problem.  Consensus group identification.
By their innate nature, Tigers are not communal animals.  Judging from the claw
marks delivered on some frequent subjects (TAC, rivets, maker's marks,
originality, how hot is hot), neither are the members of this list.

In fact Tigers are frequently found in Lairs, not webs (spiders) or networks
(all owned by Bill Gates).  Some of our group may even say "lairs" is
misspelled, and should be "layers" or "liars".

Another choice might be "Lister's", but I can see the "go-around" over just
direction we are they leaning, and how far.

"Members" implies a commonly shared point of view.  Obviously an oxymoron, with
the emphasis on moron.

So,  who wants to try to define a group identity and why, and see what comes
back?

I'll be brave and start:

Name: "Tiger's Complaint Group"

Reason: Self obvious.