Fan Mounting

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fan Mounting
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:23:40 -0400
     I agree that the core should not be used to support the fan.
     Designing a bracket is no big deal.  I used the  unused oil cooler
     mounting points, and bent up some one inch strap to go from there to
     my fan mounting points.  I sealed up the gaps with a ring of light
     sheet metal.  I'm an EE/Software guy, and this took me maybe a couple
     of hours to work out and fabricate.  No big deal.

     By the way, my "800cfm" fan (about 14 inches), mounted in front of an
     otherwise stock radiator, fan and shroud, made NO DIFFERENCE
     WHATSOEVER to my cooling situation.  Just goosing the throttle to 1200
     rpm produced much more airflow than this fan could.  I use it to cool
     things off after I've stopped, and that's it.

     Stu