making a tiger

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: making a tiger
From: Jones <joness@wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 07:34:57 -0700 (PDT)
I am new to this list and I am sorry if this has been hashed over before. If
so could someone please direct me to the previous discussions. I am on the
Alpines list and I have a series II and V. The plan is to replace the bad
power train in the II with that of the V and convert the V to a Tiger. This
would not be passed off as a true tiger but rather just be for my own use.
not sure if this is considered sacrilege among the faithful or not. question
is this: this conversion has certainly been done several times, are there in
essence kits to do it? or any good how to references? Thank you for any
suggestions and again I appologize for any wasted space here.
Steve Jones   series II, V, Spitfire, BSA's, Tirumph's etc.