Cool stuff for Sunbeams!

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Cool stuff for Sunbeams!
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:49:09 -0400
Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Divison of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com

Fellow Rooters!
I just placed a 6-line order with Triple-C Motor Accessories. They have a
broad assortment of goodies for British car enthusiasts, including Sunbeam.
Well, many items are available for MG, Triumph, A-H, even Morgan, that
aren't available for Sunbeam. So I e-mailed them the following:

>I'd buy more, but there is certainly less Sunbeam products shown than for
>other marques. I would like to see offered: ties (I have a list of 50
>owners who want Sunbeam ties, cannot get a run that short made, and that's
>just off the Internet owner's group), the straw hat, the Easy-seat (hey,
>new item last winter, right, and showed Tiger then; already
discontinued?),
>the car-profile shirts, the rubber stampers, the pewter key-chain, the
tote
>bag, the car blanket.

And this is the response I got:

> From: Philip Cooke <philip@triple-c.com>
> To: Larry Wright <lrw@aop.com>
> Subject: Re: order
> Date: Wednesday, May 27, 1998 9:32 AM
>
> Many thanks for your order. Chair discontinued due to the fact that not
one
> person ordered same!  I'd love to add new tiger items, thats if we knew
> they would sell.  Can you help with artwork, line drawings of cars and or
> more importantly logos, all we need is good quality scans or photocopies.
> As to tie yes we'll give it a go thought we'll have to run many more than
> 50.  Please let me know about artwork or maybe members or internet group
> can help.  Regards, Philip

Well, that certainly sounds encouraging! Anybody have any usable art,
digital images, etc, to share? Stuff that wouldn't cause copyright
problems, of course. I would think the 'cat-head' style Tiger logo would
particularly lend itself to mobilia. And how about that digitalized 3-D
Tiger database (whatever you call it)? That would enable things like the
pewter key-chain.

Most, I repeat most, of their stuff compliments what is available from
Sunbeam-specific sources, including those subscribed to this List; shirts
are a key conflict. I don't think we'd be short-changing our Tigering
friends here.

Could someone bounce this message to the Alpine List? I'm not subscribed.

To send anything to Philip, Triple-C's address is 1900 Orange Street, York,
PA 17404. Their e-mail address is above, and if any of you don't already
have their catalog you can call 1-888-854-4081. Oh, yes; usual disclaimers
apply.  I have no interest in the proceedings except that I want to see
more stuff made for Sunbeam owners.

This is a vote-with-your-credit-card issue. If we're TOO CHEAP (  :-)   )
to order the odd Sunbeam goodie, then catalogs showing only (ugh) MG and
Healey stuff is all we'll see and justifiably so. I can't have everything
_I_ want, & I spread my purchases around; I've bought at least something
from every Sunbeam supplier I've ever heard of.

Bottom line: You've heard me for the last two years and you already know--
I want a Tiger tie all Ill say or do almost anything to get one!!  :-)