Re: Panhard mounting

To: <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Panhard mounting
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 98 12:14:04 -0500

     On my Tiger the frame mounting is on the passenger side.  I have a
     photo of the chassis of a 1953 Buick from an old car magazine that has
     a panhard rod frame mounted on the driver side like your MK II.  There
     must have been a reason for this switch between the MK I and MK II.
     The MK II owner said it had to do with counteracting the torque from
     the engine.  Maybe it was B.S., I'll let the experts decide that one.
     He also pointed out the addition of traction bars as standard on the
     MK II versus the MK I.

     Jeff