My own private Digest?

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: My own private Digest?
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:50:30 -0400
I got so many repsonses to my inquiries, plus some other posts to comment
on, that my post to the list is starting to look like a Digest!  :-)

Patrick Lauber wrote:
> Glad to hear the Garage Queen has returned! Will it now have to be
> rechristened the Beltway Queen?

(Ramon, cover your eyes, you won't want to read this). No, Pat; I like the
name, but my Tigering rule is, effectively, Stay Off the Beltway and never
go "inside" it. Too many crazies around Washington; for Tigering enjoyment,
I head _out_ into the country. I live 13 miles from the Zero Milestone (or,
Ground Zero, if you prefer), that's as close as I get. My "sacrificial"
Toyota truck is all I'll risk losing on the Beltway.

Allan Connell wrote:
> Are you talking about the wrap???  I assume so.  If this is the case
expect
> ALOT of smoke, even if you put it on three years ago.

Hmmm. Strange, perhaps it has been doing it all along, & I didn't notice.
If I had it to do all over, I think I'd go for the Jet-Hot coating; too
much is hidden away under that wrap, although it does the job advertised.
The smoke it not coming from all over the wrap, though; it seems isolated
around the left collector.

> Hope this helps....keep 'em coming.  Much prefer Steve's and your humor
> over personal assaults to others on the list.

Thanks. Won't let it interfere with _real_ Tiger stuff, though. Some day
when the posts are light, maybe I'll tell the story of the army's Ordinance
Development expert Major Kludge. Then again, maybe not.

mmeswarb@huntel.net wrote:
> Could these problems be related?  If you are leaking fluid onto the the
> brake rotor and/or have saturated the brake pad this could be causing
> your brake pull to the left.

Whoa! Maybe I flunked British Brake Systems 101! I was figuring that
contamination of the brake on one side would _reduce_ braking on that side,
thus making the car pull the opposite way, where the remaining , working
brake is. Wrong?

Your point is inescapable. Yeah, too many problems, fluid-related, _not_ to
consider that they are related.

>This same leak could also be getting on
> your header wrap and causing your smoke.  If by chance you installed a
> late model 5.0L, be sure you plug the oil dip stick hole at the side of
> the block.

I drilled and tapped that one, put in a plug (Stainless Allen key bolt &
Permatex); no reason to assume that it couldn't develop a leak, though.
I'll check it out.

and Tom wrote:
> I was reluctant to post to the list because I can't remember the year or
mark
> and am quite embarrased.

Thanks for sharing. My original message about how few Listers are posting
looked silly to me after I read it, but look how many have jumped in:
Digest #209 had 41 posts! That's like 2-1/2 years ago, when I first
subscribed.

Philip Cooke wrote:
>PS NO LOGOS OR ARTWORK YET!

Philip is the guy from Triple-C Accessories I told y'all about earlier.
They are willing to make more Sunbeam stuff (clothing, etc.), if they could
just get artwork of the cars, logos, etc. One of the neater things they do
are shirts with embroidered side-view images on the pocket of certain cars:
MG's , Triumphs, etc. The Sunbeam's distinctive profile would look great on
a shirt. If you have any shareable art, or digital images, _please_ contact
them (or me). He's at philip@triple-c.com, BTW.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Divison of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com