Re: TU XXIII Sat. Dinner

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TU XXIII Sat. Dinner
From: DSand95510@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:23:46 EDT
While searching for a place to hold our club's annual banquet, we found that a
lot of restaurants are charging $30 and up per person.  Hotel restaurants are
almost always the most expensive, and the better the hotel, the more expensive
the meals.  The ones who would discuss the price basically said that they
include an appropriate 'rent' for the use of the banquet room in the price of
each meal.

In short, for $35, the food had better be exceptional, but the price is more
likely a function of the location of the event lodgings, rather than the
suspect notion offered by some of profiteering on the part of TU organizers.

Dick Sanders
Seattle