Re: East vs. West

To: Dennis DeBolt <Dennis_DeBolt@msvl.wednet.edu>
Subject: Re: East vs. West
From: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:51:45 -0700 (PDT)
 Hello Dennis,

 I own a copy of The Cat Clubs, Shop Notes Manual 1 and 2, alot of the
information that you are looking for is there, Try joining CAT and getting
copies, it is a big help.

 Your differential is a Dana 44, it was used on millions of cars, go to
a local rearend shop and tell them you have a Dana 44, you can get limited
slip units and a multitude of gearsets. Axel bearings and seals can be
obtained from Sunbeam Specialties, 408-371-1642.

 I just read a neat brake mod in the current issue of STOC's newsletter,
 Apparently Austin Princess models had 4 piston front calipers that are
 a bolt on for Tigers. I think it said 1980 model, it also states that
 they are still available new.

  I installed Dale's rear disc brake kit which uses Fiat 124 rear calipers
and rotors, it works great and is worth every penny. The kit is well
designed and the E-brake handle engages in three clicks. Dale's
Restorations address is on The Sunbeam Tiger Web site under (Services).

 Good luck.
Bill