Re: Observations

To: NCDW21A@prodigy.com (MR PAUL R SHEAHAN)
Subject: Re: Observations
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 20:04:14 -0700
Paul, Listers,

This most recent flair up of egos and testosterone has at least had the
good effect of flushing out some participation from seldom heard quarters.
My statistical analysis of the responses so far shows that 99.44% of the
"silent majority" on the list would prefer that the rest of us do our
fighting and our f**king in private, while the other 0.56% of us voyeurs
are getting a good laugh or two out of it all.  Maybe Paul and others on
the list who are uncomfortable with this bad boy stuff would relate to it
better if we explained that what is really going on here is really just the
California equivalent of stock car racing. We fire up our cyber hot rods,
get behind our keyboards, pull out onto the world wide web and start
bumping fenders, cursing, and generally driving  - I mean typing - like
maniacs.  When someone finally drops the checkered flag, or more likely we
just run out of gas, we pull in, have a few beers, slap each other on the
back and swap stories about how great we were. Sounds like all the elements
of a good old fashioned stock car race to me. All the fun and so far I
don't think anyone's suffered any real damage beyond of few bruised egos.

Well, I just had to add my two cents worth too. BTW Ramon if you do come to
TUXXIII, any chance you could do a repeat of your TUXX registration
butt-humping spectacle??   I was there, but from two blocks away I couldn't
really tell who was on top, although I did hear a lot of four letter
expletives interspersed with words like "autocross" and "practice laps",
But didn't you and Theresia turn around and go home the next morning?? And
does that really constitute "attending" at Tigers United in your book?? Or
is raising a ruckus all that really matters, so why hang around once the
fun's over?? Just curious. Hope to see you, Theresia, and all the rest of
you who can possibly make it.

Bob (in laid back San Diego, not LA or SF)
B9472134