Re: Observations

To: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu, NCDW21A@prodigy.com
Subject: Re: Observations
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:04:37 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-19 23:03:50 EDT, rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu writes:

<< But didn't you and Theresia turn around and go home the next morning?? >>

No.  We did not.  We stayed and had a nice time with a lot of our friends at
one of our favorite places.  We went to the "autocross" and did the course-
walk with some friends, watched for a while, then went on a nice solo Tiger
run through the countryside.  We went to the concourse and gawked at all the
really neat cars.  We enjoyed David's spectacular slide show.  We partied into
the wee hours afterwards. We packed up and headed home while the Rally was
going on . . . and I believe some had already finished and were starting to
p*ss and moan about that just as we said our last good-byes.  We missed the
banquet and the "auction".

<<And does that really constitute "attending" at Tigers United in your book??

Yes.  In my book, that constitutes "attending" at Tigers United. It certainly
does not constitute "participating" though.  Nope.  "Registration" at Grants
Pass was the last Tigers United "event" we have actually participated in.

<<Or is raising a ruckus all that really matters, so why hang around once the
 fun's over?? >>

Thank you for illustrating the point.  When someone observes some wrong being
done, either to himself or to someone else, and complains about it, he's
"raising a ruckus."  Sometimes when I think back about it, I really don't know
which upset me more:  those who were actually doing the wrongs, or those who
just wanted me to shut up and go away.  If my "ruckus" in some manner
detracted from your enjoyment of the event, I apologize.  And I assure you I
won't be there ruckusin' up your good-times at Big Bear.

Ramon