RE: holley carb

To: "Alicia" <larisab@ix8.ix.netcom.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: holley carb
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:25:40 -0700
Dan,

Check with your local Barnes and Nobel or <www.amazon.com> for books on
Holley carbs.  The books come in all flavors and colours, so you can choose
the one that best suits your needs.  I have two for the Holley 4 bbl. Series
and they have been of great assistance.  Don't rely too much on the Speed
Shops as they really don't seem to know what they are doing, or if you have
found a good one, stick with 'em.  Frankly, I had more problems when I went
to "Stupid Shops" (aka Super Shops) for advice or opinions than when I
investigated things myself.  Wonder they went out of business.  Hell, every
time I ordered a part or a rebuild kit, they sent me the wrong one.  Guess
the kids behind the counter these days are too interested in getting a
fatter exhaust on their Honda VTEC's than tuning an old V-8 for a SERIOUS
tourq-ey ride!!

Regards,

Allan
B9472373