Re: Alger conversion and autox II

To: Ray Bridenbaugh <briden@norcross.mcs.slb.com>
Subject: Re: Alger conversion and autox II
From: Victor Paul Erwin <vic@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:48:00 -0500 (CDT)
> But!! I have one major issue with your statement.  Unless you represent
> the car as a Tiger, how will you run AP in autocross?  An Alpine with a
> V8 should place you in modified should it not?

I've already checked with the SCCA on this. If I run a Tiger crossmember,
the car will run legally as a Tiger. If it has the Alpine crossmember, or
anything other than stock (like something custom) it can still be raced as
a Tiger, but will be subject to a 10% weight penalty.

I would "represent" the car as a Tiger, but it'd be known that it wouldn't
be a real one.

I've called a few guys who build custom chassis, and I'm affraid that it's
going to cost too much. I was hoping this list might have a few shortcuts
for me. The rear axle I want will be in excess of $2000! - not to mention
the custom suspension.

 -Vic