RE: TU

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: TU
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 23:09:08 -0700
To the TU participants,

Jim makes a really good point here; and I was thinking the same thing before
I opened up his post.

I for one had a great time, and only wish that I could have stayed through
Sunday and participated in more events.  IMHO the BS meter registered very
low for the whole event.  The only complaint that I have is that my wife is
still mad at me for leaving her at home to watch the dogs.  Oh well, she'll
get over it in about six months.......didn't do me a helluva lotta good to
go home early.

One very simple request: If you had a good time and thought the event was
well put together, please take the time to post your thoughts to the list.
(Sorry right coasters.)  The reason for this request is that as we all know
in our "business lives" people seem to have a penchant for persecuting too
much and being very miserly with praise.  Putting on a successful event is a
thankless and terrible job, so take some time (providing you feel as I do,)
to compliment the Sage's, Steve Alcala and many others for a fine
event.....note what you liked.  The best way to make sure that good behavior
is repeated is to make damn sure you praise said behavior. Need I remind the
list that we continued the thread on "goose poop" ad-nauseum for nearly two
months last year?

My compliments to Jeff Cushing for noting to the list his experiences at TU
in Big Bear.  From my discussions with many of you up there, you had similar
positive experiences.  Please take the time to share them so that if and
when there is another TU, those that put it on can learn and possibly even
improve on this event.

Job well done, host CAT Club!!  And THANKS Jim for moving me to action.

Allan
B9472373  (.....soap box put away for the night....fire suit ready!!)