Re: Tigers United XXIII Results

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tigers United XXIII Results
From: "Norman C. Miller" <rootes1@best.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 18:29:30 -0700
At 05:32 PM 7/2/98, B. Palmer wrote:

>...If we really looked at Terry and Stan's cars we would see that they are
very far from stock, even though they may (or may not) be satisfying the
letter of the law...

Bob, you're so bad and correct again.  Good driving gets more than a little
help, at least in the case of Stan Clark & Terry Taylor.  Stan runs a
highly messaged 6-bolt 289 and a tricked out Tom Hall designed, quad shock
rear suspension.  And, if I'm not mistaken, he also has one of the Bill
Miller stamped, quick racks.

Mr. Taylor stayed with a 5-bolt, but selected the full hipo 289 version.
Terry will be the first to tell you that all other improvements are LAT in
origin, that is except for the Matice/Miller quick rack and the rear sway
bar you've already mentioned.

I'm not aware of the "law" you refer to, unless you mean the definers,
stock, personalized and modified.  Since those definitions come from the
very people at the center of the discussion, why would you expect other
than a lenient circumscription - a topic for another day.

Regardless, both of these cars a very nice Tigers.