Re: Dash/Instruments

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, tym@exit3.com
Subject: Re: Dash/Instruments
From: "Doug Leithauser" <dleit@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 05:27:56 PDT
Tym, There should be no need for your aluminum dash to be grounded,
except for radio interference concerns. The wood dash in my car isn't
grounded, and yes, there is a ground wire that grounds each gauge. in
practice, the metal dash probably will be grounded through the mounting
points, and provide a redundant ground for the instruments. This may
make them more accurate than the gauges in my car.

Doug Leithauser

I'm replacing the instruments in my "apart" Mk1A.
Is there a loop that runs from gauge to gauge necessary for grounding.
Also, I'm using an engine-turned aluminum dash instead of wood.

Should this be grounded?

Where can I obtain ATE fastenders for the front signal/direction lights?

Thanks in advance.

Tym McDowell