Re: Tigers United XXIII Results

To: Laifman@Flash.Net, MWood24020@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tigers United XXIII Results
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 00:15:49 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-03 10:47:25 EDT, Laifman@Flash.Net writes:

<< If the Sunbeam steel wheels suffer
 such difficulties, including lug pull-out, a similar safety feature should be
 made mandatory.  Wouldn't want to be hit by somebody elses run-a-way wheel,
or
 his out of control car.  If this really is as bad as indicated, something
should
 be done even for street use.   >>

Somewhere back in the mess in my office I have an old NCCSCC (Northern
California Council of Sports Car Clubs) rules book.  That's the outfit that
used to conduct all the autocross activity up in the bay area where all these
hi-po motor, quick-steering-rack, CS-tire-changing-rules "stock" Tiger folks
learned their tricks over the years.  It specifically forbids ANY Tiger from
running in ANY class on the stock wheels. Period!  Seems that the NCCSCC folks
recognized some sort of safety issue or something.

Sheez . . . the dildos should be encouraging people to switch wheels for the
autocross instead of prohibiting it . . .

Ramon