Re: Oil filter

To: pamelam@connix.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil filter
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 16:51:24 +0100
>Driving home Friday afternoon, I smelled something burning. Oil pressure
>OK, emergency brake off, shut down and pull over.
>
>What had happened is the 250 psi aeroquip hose going to my aftermarket
>remote oil filter adapter was spewing a nice high pressure stream of hot
>oil into the cooling fan. What a mess!
>
>Now I am torn between going back to original or using "shorty" filters.
>
>Has anyone used the short filter? What is the dimension? My Volvo uses a 3"
>filter, but I am not sure if it will clear under road conditions. Or better
>yet, does anyone have a part number?
>
>Bob Melusky

Bob, I use the SVO adapter part number"M-6880-A50" that's shown on the
Rootes Group web page.(http://www.best.com/~rootes1/) under Bits and Pieces
page 1.  I run a full size filter (fram PH3600) and it is easily removed
through the wheel well.  And the best part no hoses to break.

Regards Armand Ritchie
              B9470219

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie