Re: Oil filter

To: pamelam@connix.com
Subject: Re: Oil filter
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 16:28:22 -0700
On Sat, 11 Jul 1998 17:06:16 -0400 (EDT) pamelam@connix.com writes:

>Has anyone used the short filter? What is the dimension? My Volvo uses
>a 3"
>filter, but I am not sure if it will clear under road conditions. Or
>better
>yet, does anyone have a part number?

Its pretty short.... how's that for a dimension..?
Its the same diameter as the proper  (number 1 or 8)
filter but its only maybe 3 inches total length.
They are available everywhere (PEP Boys, AutoPartsClub)
Its from a Renault 5.  I ran them on my old 289 but I had to
unbolt the engine mount and jack up the engine a little to
change it!  NOT a great solution IMHO..

Gary Winblad