British Car Day

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: British Car Day
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 12:50:16 -0400
     Most of you New England folks missed the best British Car Day in
     Brookline yet.  Sure, some of you had valid excuses, such as being in
     Sweden, or facing a several hour drive in 90 degree heat, or bringing
     your KAR-120C replica instead of your Tiger. (Trivia question:  What
     car is that?  Having a few gray hairs may help you know the answer.)
     We had only a half dozen Rootes products in attendance.

     The total attendance was about 205 cars registered, not counting the
     30 to 40 Minis that caravaned in.  Their National convention was
     nearby, so they arranged for a state police escort for their hour
     drive to Brookline.  I heard that they didn't stop at a single traffic
     light along the way.  Horns, sirens, and flashing lights accompanied
     their arrival, as they poured into their reserved parking area.  Great
     fun!

     We also learned a few lessons, such as:  "Don't mess with your parking
     plan at the last minute.  Believe your original estimates",  and
     "Don't allow the guy with the Hillman on the trailer anywhere near the
     Tigers".  We also got to practice push starting a certain club
     president's Tiger on grass.

     All in all, it was a fun day, with the usual great variety of British
     cars attending.  Watch for Rande Bellman's complete article in the
     soon to be reborn (we hope) TE/AE Newsletter.

     Stu Brennan