Re: bitchin small Ford starter

To: gary_winblad@juno.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: bitchin small Ford starter
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 22:40:02 EDT

<< Now, if I'd paid $150 for one of the bitchin small, high
 >revving, Ford starters, I might feel differently.

 HEY, has anyone done that???   >>

Gary-
Ask Tom Hall, he put a lighweight, high torque starter in "Blue". I believe he
bought a Tilton, not cheap, a bit more than $150! One of the great fringe
benefits of the starter is it sounds totally cool, kind of like the starter of
an older V-12 Ferrrari. It just kind of hums/whines, sounding like there is no
compression in the motor,and then the sucker just lights off with pure Ford
small block music! BTW, The SVO/Motorsport catalog lists a starter which is
lightweight, high torque and costs considerably less than the Tilton piece. I
know of a couple of vintage racers who run them in their GT350s and they seem
to work just fine.
Mike Wood
B382002273