RE: headers

To: "Alicia" <larisab@ix16.ix.netcom.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: headers
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:02:13 -0700
Tigers,

Dan's question about headers brings up a discovery I made while on vacation
last week.

On the way to a family reunion in Fresno, I stopped to visit with an old
friend prior to heading over to the dreaded family reunion.  My friend's
neighbor (whom I was introduced to as a fellow motor-head,) is in the powder
coating business.  Apparently, this guy and his father have developed a
method to basically powder coat aluminum......not plate, powder coat.

Now here is the deal: he states that whatever they do is a provides a high
chrome-like shine while providing tremendous insulating capacity.  He tells
me that even when the engine is very hot, one can still put your hand within
an inch of the header and not get burned.  He states that his technique is
similar to porcelain coating provided by other people but more durable with
greater heat dissipation.  If anyone on this list would like this guys
number, please let me know directly.  He is more willing to coat "new" stuff
as opposed to old.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Allan