RE: headers

To: "tim vb-o'brien" <vbob@primenet.com>, <RSpontelli@aol.com>
Subject: RE: headers
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:50:35 -0700
Tim,

For me personally I think that is a helluva idea.  Not only is the 5 speed
bullet proof but the 22R is as well.  Easy to modify and a really strong
mill.  As long as you don't have to deal with the Smog police in
Californicate it sounds like a great plan.

Speaking of the Smog police: I had lunch with a friend who restores LBC's a
day or two ago and he told me an interesting story about smoging a TR-6.  He
took this car in to be smogged pretty much knowing it would not pass.  At
idle, it did not.  The Tech said to beef the speed up to 2000 rpm and hold
it.  The car then passed with flying colors. Needless to say, Randy was
amazed.  On talking to the tech, this apparently happens all the time with
the new $90K worth of "state of the art" equipment.  The tech feels that
there is no way the car should have passed as it was running real dirty.
But, he says this happens all the time.  He further added that the state
makes the rules and all he can do is abide by them.  Additionally, the state
apparently knows this new system is bad and the one replaced did just fine.
Rumor has it that they are considering going back to the old system, and
refunding those few garages that have spent the big bucks on the new
equipment and dyno.

Once again fellow fruits and nuts, your state tax dollars working for us
all!!

Bob, maybe you should include a few of these folks in your next bulletin???

Regards,

Allan
B9472373