Re: Wheel Upgrade

To: mjsutter@cts.com
Subject: Re: Wheel Upgrade
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:33:54 EDT
Mike,

I run the 15mm 15 x 7 Panasports front & rear, with the 205/50-15 A008RS
tires. Yes, my front fender lips have been trimmed on the inside only, plus
the usual easing of the arc radius where it meets the front valance.

On cars fitted with larger wheels, there is sometimes an interference problem
between the inner lip of the wheel rim and the outer edge of the upper A-arm,
outboard of the ball joint. It most often occurs when backing out of a
driveway, etc.   Both Bob Palmer and I solved this problem by fitting the
early Alpine upper A-arms with the bolt-in ball joints, an idea we took from
the Le Mans coupe. It totally solves the problem, gives you solid bushings on
the upper A-arms, and makes changing upper ball joints a snap. Stop by
sometime when you're in SD and have a look.

Dick Barker