Re: Wheel Upgrade

To: Tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheel Upgrade
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:03:09 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-31 06:06:52 EDT, Rich Atherton wrote:

<<
 Something to keep in mind though when considering these changes...The 15" x
50
 series tires, will deliver more of a shock load into the suspension, fulcrum
 pins, ball joints, and bushings.  Is you suspension fresh?  Is your
crossmember
 rebuilt and reenforced?.  These extra big tires, especially the sticky ones,
 will much higher loads (due inpart to the ackerman angle issue), into the
 fulcrum pins, when going slow or backing out of the garage.  Something the
old
 bias ply tires never caused.....

 Just something to consider.. >>

Good point Rich.  My front end has been beefed up using Dale A's monster
fulcrum pins, bushings, bolts, etc., plus the crossmember has been rewelded
and reenforced. The whole package was many $$$$, but I feel it's necessary for
the reasons which you point out.  If I'm not mistaken, Ken Mattice has a
similar set-up.

Dick Barker