Re: Engine Mounts

To: louabbot@mail.ameritel.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine Mounts
From: FrizBMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 01:11:04 EDT
In a message dated 8/6/98 11:49:50 AM, louabbot@mail.ameritel.net writes:

>Hold on,
>
>There is a major difference in the two motor mounts. It took a lot of
>
>research to find out why my motor was overheating. Along the journey, I
>
>discovered I could not install a new larger core radiator other prople
>were
>
>using.  Wonder why? The last owner reversed the mounts with a previous
>
>motor change. That  moved the motor forward 3/4 of an inch. Old stuff fit,
>
>but with minimal clearance. I am at the same place you are with
>
>reinstalling a rebuilt motor/tranny. I will check the mounts for numbers.
>
>BUT...here is a typical benefit of TE/AE membership (of which has been
>
>challenged lately)...it's a good networking tool for Sunbeam
>
>owners....treat people right and you get the same in return.  As I recall
>
>Tiger Tom or Scott Worth (forgive spelling errors) clued me in on the mount
>
>problem. I've had the Tiger for 10 years and can rely on any TE/AE member
>
>for help. Check with those two for correct part numbers and RH/LH issues.
>
>How are you installing it? From the top or bottom? There is a good motor
>
>mount/dolly on the web page to roll the motor in from the bottom and lower
>
>the car to connect.
>
>Lou
>

>----------
>
>> From: FrizBMG@aol.com
>
>> To: tigers@autox.team.net
>
>> Subject: Engine Mounts
>
>> Date: Thursday, August 06, 1998 8:08 AM

Hi Lou
 Thanks for the heads up on the mounts.I saw that they had 2 different nos,but
the pieces look identical.If they were truly identical they would be the same
number.
I agree that TE/AE is a good idea.I am a former member who let his membership
lapse(thought about selling the car-took it apart instead).I re-upped in time
not to recieve my newsletter lately due to the problems that the editor is
suffering thru.
 I plan on installing the engine from the bottom.I have a small steel stand
w/rollers that I picked up at a Ford swap meet.I am also installing the engine
with headers.I took it out thru the top.Garage AINT that high.When I took the
motor out I had to take a hacksaw to an oil line.The rubber part is suffering
from dryrot too.I have discovered that Kaman stocks the correct style fitting
ends and tubing flares and can make me a new hose(s) for minimal cost using
thier hose and my remaining fittings.
Later
Tony