RE: Fraud?

To: Frank Marrone <marrone@wco.com>,
Subject: RE: Fraud?
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 22:31:08 -0700
Frank, et Listers,

I hope the meaning of what I wrote was clearer to most of you than it
apparently was to Frank.

At 09:27 PM 8/23/98 -0700, Frank Marrone wrote:
>Mr. Palmer wrote...
>
>>And equally important is the need for the TAC Committee members, and
>>Mr Reisentz in particular, to know when to keep quiet.
>
>I may not understand the nuances of your statement above but I don't think
you have the right to tell anyone what they may or may not discuss in this
forum.

I am not discouraging Paul or anyone else from posting whatever the wish in
this forum. Let the fur fly, I say. Of course, be prepared to take your
knocks as well. The need for Paul and other TAC people to keep quiet is,
and please other TAC members correct me if I'm wrong here, or at least
should be required as part of their membership in TAC. What would it be
like if every Monday morning, some member of TAC downloaded the latest list
of Algers that had been discovered during the TACing process over the
weekend?? Is this how we want it to work? How about an a' TAC Vigilante
Committee that shows up unannounced in the middle of the night and pulls
surprise inspections, towing off cars that fail the three-of-three vote and
taking them to be crushed?? Now that's what I call real freedom of
expression!!

>Sounds to me like Paul and Norm may have a disagreement, I'd like to hear
their respective arguments.  It does no good (and it is far less
entertaining) for others to argue as their proxy.

You are probably right; but then who hasn't had a disagreement with either
Paul or Norm?? I'm sure any discussion between these two gentlemen would be
interesting; at least for awhile. I certainly wouldn't pretend to be able
to speak for either of them in any case, nor do want to. But I do think the
rest of us are also entitled to opinions and the opportunity to express
them here, a point I believe you also support. One of my opinions is that
we shouldn't support TAC as an organization whose primary aim is to run all
the Algers out of existence, or even to brand them all with the scarlet "A"
as someone so cleverly stated. If they are really serious about this, then
this includes NOT dropping little hints, or clues, or secret signs, or
whatever else to signal the frauds.

Now, frankly, I have no idea why Paul posted his latest comments. It's like
he had to say something, but then he couldn't say anything, and I think he
actually succeeded - at saying nothing that is. It sounded to me like: "I
don't know anything, but if I did know anything I wouldn't tell you." Why
bother?? Hey let's not loose the thread here. This started out as a
question as to whether the MK!! #523 is a real Tiger or not. Anybody
besides Norm or me have any real information to share? Some TAC member want
to spill the beans? Anybody have any reason to believe the car is genuine?
Hey, all contributions are welcome as far as I'm concerned. Who knows
what's eventually going to happen with that car. Could be the State of
Calif. will just confiscate it and have it crushed while the rest of us are
still just sitting at our computers bickering.

Bob
Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com