Panhard Rod Adjustment

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Panhard Rod Adjustment
From: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:41:30 -0700
Put new busings in the panhard rod last night.  The old ones that came out
of the right side weren't too bad, but the ones on the left side (where it
attaches to the rear axle - this is a Mark 1) were, well ....  gone.  So,
cleaned it all up and just put it back in with the new bushings without
messing around with adjusting the length of the rod.

The shop manual mentions loading up the car with a certain amount of weight
and then adjusting the panhard rod accordingly.

At this point I plan on leaving the length as is, which is probably the way
it left the factory.  Or, is there some hot tip for adjusting it?

Oh yeah, I already know about options like "leave the useless thing out" and
"reweld the attachements so it is like a Mark II".

Thanks for the help.

Dave