Re: Coolant - MORE (!) on Coolant...

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Coolant - MORE (!) on Coolant...
From: Don Cordier <doncordier@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:19:05 -0700
Hi Bob,

Another aspect that I recall when I bought my original '63 Corvette
Coupe (and also all of the Corvettes that we serviced that were equipped
with aluminum radiators) was that glycol based/mixed coolant had a
quality of suppressing galvanic corrossion or made the resulting mixed
solution less "conductive".

Does anyone on the list know if this is further "urban auto legend" or
know of a more accurate set of facts relative to this question.  Even
better - the correct explanation would be welcome.

Regards to all,

Don Cordier
(1968 Lotus Elan S4SE Coupe - S/N 36/7947 - Cal License "68 Lotus")
Pictures (courtesy of Alan Perry) at:
http://www.best.com/~esprit/elan.html
(1963 Corvette Roadster - VIN: 30867S116306 - CA License "QAM 488")
Aviation Consultant
Glendale, California, USA
doncordier@earthlink.net

Office & Hangar: (818) 997-7640 (24 hours)
FAX-Private:     (805) 527-1034
FAX-General:     (818) 553-3667
Member:  NBAA, NATA, PHPA, AOPA