_More_ thinking? (plus Bonus topic)

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: _More_ thinking? (plus Bonus topic)
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:18:15 -0500
Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333

 Bob Palmer wrote:
* I also found Doug's posting both thought provoking and, at
* the same time,
* humorous. I assume he intended it to be somewhat
* tongue-in-cheek. In that
* same vein, with regard to the starter motor paradox, you and
* perhaps Doug
* as well, may be overlooking the fact

Bob, you may be overlooking the fact that I don't know what I'm talking
about!  :-)
Jus' trying to apply a little logic to a subject in lieu of facts (I
don't have any); Doug got me to thinking, which ain't easy.

*that horsepower is equal
* to rpm times
* torque (divided by 5252). I would guess that a starter motor turns the
* engine over at maybe 100 rpm. If this takes 1.5 horsepower,
* then turning
* the motor over at 1000 rpm takes 15 hp and at 6000 rpm takes
* 90 hp!!

So the friction changes directly proportional to rpm's? Gee knowing
that, for _example_, air resistance increases with the square of the
speed, I expected some more complicated answer. Hey, you sold me on the
concept. And you just justified, in my mind, the cubic-money I spent on
the 5-speed.

* Now
* where the hell did I put that can of Slick  50??
*
* Not to be taken seriously in San Diego,

Another subject. Where's a good place to get an image of the sideways
cat-head Tiger logo? I'm thinking if I blow it up and transfer it to a
pumpkin, I'd make a neat Jack-o-lantern (I bought one of those
micro-saws made for the purpose). Scary growling cat, plus it would be
Tiger-related. Looking for one to download, and blow up to correct size
on the printer.