Re: Rod length and oil additives

To: DrMayf@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rod length and oil additives
From: Doug Mallory <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:03:28 -0400
This is correct.
I can pick up a used NASCAR radiator next door. (I live in Concord Nc)
But.... I cant fit a 3.5x2 ft radiator in the Tiger. The radiators are so big in
the short track cars
they have to lay them down about 40 degrees just to get them in the cars. For
short
runs you can do the same thing the NASCAR folks do for qualifying.
Plug off the radiator, (less drag) flush the system with Ice water, and go like
H**L for 3
laps or 5 miles. And I guess at 200+mph the volume metric efficiency of the
radiator increases
slightly.

Doug