Two cars found

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Two cars found
From: "Olson, Mark W" <mark.w.olson@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:56:00 -0700
All,

As the owner of a somewhat conspicuous Tiger web site, I often get mail
from interested outsiders.  Here's one:

Dear Mr. Olson,
I did not know whom to tell of the auction today, but perhaps you could
pass this information on to someone in the STOA.  I have recently become
a fan of the Tigers, and I was very surprised and happy to hear that an
auction of a local's car collection included two Sunbeam Tigers.

I went to the auction today; these two cars were in terrible, but
(maybe) restorable, shape.  Their ID plates were:

(Hardtop):
Chassis and Engine: B9471956     LRXFE
Colour:          2991          S27KA
                         Code 39
(Convertible):
Chassis and Engine: B9740124     LRXFE
Colour:          1153          G13A
                             1

Neither was drivable, but both appeared to have some correct components
(One had the four, separated,"Tiger"-casted manifolds on the engine and
very old-looking ID plates on the cowl).  Both were in a PASTURE (sigh),
but evidently were stored inside until just recently (last 1-5 years?).

I'll be happy to describe further details of the cars' conditions,
color, etc. to anyone interested.  I could not afford to restore either
(not enough time on my hands).  The hardtop and convertible were both
purchased by a man from Southwestern Virginia (Vinton, I think), for
$2100 and $1700, respectively.  This sounds like a real steal, but they
really were basket cases (the hardtop stood a good chance of decent
restoration, maybe).

Sorry to bother you; I enjoyed your Tiger page very much!
John T. Tester
PhD Student
Industrial & Systems Engineering Department
123 NEB
Blacksburg, VA  24061
540-231-9762
Email: jtester@vt.edu