little Sunbeams

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: little Sunbeams
From: Paul Scheffer <toyrx@geocities.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:50:51 +0100
>> I understand from Steve's recent post to the list, that the "little Sunbeam"
>> is about three inches long. Has anyone an idea where one could get bigger
>> "little Sunbeams" (e.g. scales 1:24, 1:20 or even 1:18)?

>The CAT warehouse has the original AMT models molds and has re-issued the
>original kit. It is 1/25 scale, and sells for $16.50 to members.

>This same kit may be sold by others, but I do
>not know who.  I have one box sitting on my shelf waiting for my attention, as
>well as an original AMT model we mangled a little in the '70's.

These Tiger kits were reissued by AMT in the 90's as a blueprinter
special, which was only available to subscribers of AMT's model club.
The model pictured in the URL is one of these re-issues. Originals are
also available and come in stock and 2 in 1 kits (from memory) with
several variations in artwork. The originals can be cheaper depending on
condition, but the re-issues are far easier to find.

The best place to get these kits is either via E-bay (www.ebay.com) or a
Hobby mail order place like Hobby Heaven (look in Scale Auto Enthusiast
Magazine for contact details). There was also a Alpine model kit made
but I can't remember the specifics.

Paul.