Re: Gano filters

To: billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gano filters
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 00:15:41 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-22 14:49:48 EDT, billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us writes:

<< I also would like to hear your comments on the filter. >>

Oh MAN!

I meant to do this a long time ago . . .

I couple of years ago, right after he bought his Tiger, I told The Laif all
about the Gano filters. At that time, I had a pair of 'em that I had bought
for the Tigers mabye five or six years before that.  Never installed 'em.
Shortly after that, I had to have a recore done on the Cherokee, so, since I
had been ranting and raving about 'em to Steve, I dug one out and put it on
the Cherokee when I reinstalled the radiator.  Last spring, while trying to
get the sucker tuned up for a smog check, I discovered I had a couple of bum
valves.  When I undid the upper radiator hose, I found that the Gano filter
was cracked in two places, right under the clamp, on each end.

Anybody want to buy a new, still-in-the-bag PLASTIC "see-through" Gano filter?

It's a great idea, but go for the brass!

Ramon