Re: CAT Membership

To: Wally Menke <wallym@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: CAT Membership
From: steve sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 22:02:53 -0700

> Dear Steve and others at CAT
>
> As an overseas member of CAT, can someone there organise a credit card
> facility so I don't have to organise a USD check for membership or parts
> orders? (This is the 90's?). This is a real hassle to go to my bank and be
> ignored for 1/2 hr, and expense. If this were available you would sell more
> parts and have more members!
>
> Cheers
> Wally Menke

Wally:
I agree that this would be a great idea. I have the same problem in reverse in
joining the British Alpine & Tiger clubs.

I've mentioned this to the CAT board, so far without a resolution. With your
reminder, though, I'll bring it up again at our next meeting. I'm not sure what
the Visa & American Express requirements are to set this up, but I believe they
require a certain money volume amount to do it, or they charge you a lot for the
service. I will look into it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve Sage