Re: I beg your pardon????

To: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Subject: Re: I beg your pardon????
From: Larry Kee <lkee@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:14:56 -0500
Wright, Larry wrote:

>         Saturday afternoon I was walking back from the mailbox, leafing
> through the junk; mixed in with my AutoWeek and the new EWA catalog is a
> reminder card. I flip it over and read that it's time to bring Tiger in
> for a booster and a fecal stool check. What? WHAT? I beg your pardon?
>         I read further. The card is from some veterinary clinic, and is
> addressed to someone with a completely different name with a different
> address in a different town. Must be somebody has a d*mn cat named
> Tiger, it's just a strange coincidence. Thanks you, USPS, for your
> accurate delivery of the mail! Perhaps I should show up at the clinic
> and tell them to got ahead and _try_ to take Tiger's stool check.  :-)
>         Also, I just got the developed pictures, and the Kodak Picture
> Disk, of the Jack-o-LATern. I'll send the image to Mark Olson to see if
> he wants to add it to the "images" section of his website. Sadly, the
> picture is all that's left; for some reason, the pumpkin just about
> _liquified_ in 3-1/2 days. I have never had one deteriorate so fast
> before, it could have been over-ripe.
>
> Lawrence R. Wright
> Purchasing Analyst
> Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
> lrw@aop.com
> Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333
Well let me tell you the story of my 2 Tigers. Ever since I was a Get
Smart fan in the sixties (age 5) I wanted a Sunbeam. My first car was a
67 Alpine (Beamer) that got me through hell and high water in that I
knew nothing about cars and had the clutch fail at the drive in, brake
booster failure and leakage, forgot to tighten alternator before long
trip, switching water and oil hoses in  error, oil cap on radiator/rad
cap on oil, various brake cylinder failure, broken piston rings (2 oil
soaked plugs) , engine covered in ice after driving home in the worst
snowstorm of 1982 (passed many other cars that had stalled roadside)etc.
but it always got me home as I always found a way to patch it together
until 1 day.
I was driving on our busiest highway in the express passing lane when
something happened that I lost total power and as the sun was setting in
the West with me going East, I had to pull off to the left. I coasted to
a stop against the guardrail in the middle of the highway (9 lanes to my
left/9 to my right). When I got out of the car there was a small tabby
cat between the guardrails scared out of his wits. He must of used all 9
lives to get there, exactly where Beamer decided to die. As I was never
much of a cat lover, he quickly won my heart and yes he was named Tiger
in honour of Sunbeams and my dream car. Beamer got towed and eventually
sold (begrudgingly)and I moved on to my current love 67 SUN (my white
Tiger with Beamers original vanity plate).
I always tell this story when people ask me my cat's name as the name
Tiger the Cat means nothing without the tale of how he came into my
life.
My 2 Tigers...the best car and the best cat I could ever dream of owning
and p.s. the booster shot and stool sample were already handled this
year so my Tiger isn't the one your're looking for...