Re: No Tiger Content / Common Sense....

To: Wally Menke <wallym@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: No Tiger Content / Common Sense....
From: Doug Mallory <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 08:02:41 -0500
Join the Coalition to Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide!

                                          THE INVISIBLE KILLER

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted
thousands
of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental
inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there.
Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage.
Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and
possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte
imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain
death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

     is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
     contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
     may cause severe burns.
     contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
     accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
     may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile
brakes.

     has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

CONTAMINATION IS REACHING EPIDEMIC PROPORTIONS!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake,
and
reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the
contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of
dollars of property damage in the midwest and recently, California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

     as an industrial solvent and coolant.
     in nuclear power plants.
     in the production of styrofoam.
     as a fire retardant.
     in many forms of cruel animal research.
     in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains
contaminated by this chemical.
     as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to
stop
them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is
extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

THE HORROR MUST BE STOPPED!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use
of
this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of
this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting
experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control
and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research
facilities
receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution
network. Many store large quantities for later use.

IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous
chemical. What you don't know CAN hurt you and others throughout the
world. Send email to no_dhmo@circus.com, or a SASE to:

Coalition to Ban DHMO
211 Pearl St.
Santa Cruz CA, 95060