Fwd: Modine Radiator

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Modine Radiator
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 20:01:51 EST

--part0_910314111_boundary

From: CoolVT@aol.com
To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Modine Radiator
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 23:26:52 EST

To Stu and Others it might benefit,
  I dig out the information on my Modine radiator.  Mine was a recore which
means they reused the brass end tanks and so location of hoses, etc.. was
never a problem.  The dealer told me that the recore price included any needed
repair to the brass tanks.  Mine were okay.

 The price in 1992-93 was $250.  I figure the dealer got about $50 of the
deal.  It was a simple 3 core and the dealer said it was a better design than
the original.  I can't remember now  why it was supposed to be better.

  It was apparently just one of a thousand different cores that Modine has.
They supposedly just measure and find a core that will fit a particular tank
set-up.

  The numbers written on the radiator when I got it back were
   #3R12424   and
   #10634

  I believe there was a metal tag on the radiator, but I neglected to get the
#'s off it.  The tag is now buried deep in the bowels of the shroud.

The address on the tag attached listed:
  Modine of Canada
   604 McGeachie Drive
   Milton, Ontario, Canada   69T3Y5