Gauge light colors.

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gauge light colors.
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:17:18 -0500

     I would recommend against changing the color inside any one gauge.  Do
     them all or none.  The blue is there to make the light seem a little
     whiter.  Change to white paint in one gauge and the color difference
     will be noticeable at night.

     When I got my Lucas voltmeter, which came out of a Triumph, I found a
     blue filter over the bulb.  Thinking that this was just some silly TR
     deal, I removed it, and threw it in the trash.  The first time I drove
     the tiger at night after this, I discovered that I was wrong, and the
     voltmeter's light looked orange, while the others were whiter.  And
     they had the same bulbs in them.

     Stu