List hats/Font

To: Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, Alpine List <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: List hats/Font
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 00:46:23 -0500
The other day, in a message about hats, someone mentioned that an Alpine
or Sunbeam font would be useful for producing the script. Since I own a
copy of Fontographer, I started messing around for a couple of days to
get the feel of the program again, and this evening I produced a
TrueType font which will produce the Alpine and Tiger letters in script,
just like the fender badges. The font contains only ten characters, the
six Alpine letters in the lower case locations although the A is the
capital A, and the five Tiger letters in the Upper case locations,
although four of the five are lower case letters. The letters have been
produced so that, when typed, they run together to produce the script
name. The i's and e's are not interchangeable, since although similar,
they are not the same.

Clear?...type "alpine" and "Alpine" appears in script; type "TIGER" and
"Tiger" appears in script.

The font is called SunbeamScript Medium. So far I have the Macintosh
version working fine. I'm working on the Windows version, but am having
conversion problems....or else I don't know how to properly load a TTF
file into a windows system. Anyone who wants a copy of the Mac font send
me an e-mail and I will attach the font suitcase to my reply.

John Slade