inquiry 112098a

To: "TransAtlantic Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: inquiry 112098a
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 06:36:00 -0600
John Slade wrote:
*The other day, in a message about hats, someone mentioned that an
Alpine
*or Sunbeam font would be useful for producing the script. Since I own a
*copy of Fontographer (SNIP)
*The font contains only ten characters, the
*six Alpine letters in the lower case locations although the A is the
*capital A, and the five Tiger letters in the Upper case locations,

Thanks for your efforts, John. Can I make a suggestion? If possible,
complete the font. Folks could use it for newsletter headings, T-shirts,
web pages, custom stationery, anywhere a Rootes appearance is desired.
And it would look cool on a 1999 Sunbeam calendar. :-)

BTW, for those of you interested in smaller Sunbeams:

a) I ordered one of K&R's 1/43 kits, I'll report in detail once I
receive it. Perhaps I was too harsh in my evaluation based on one
transmitted image; and they are shipping two different sizes of door
handles for me to try out. I ordered it with 5 Minilites, as I'm
planning on reproducing a works rally car (ADU 312B?).

b) The little blue Alpine from the James Bond movie "Dr. No" is somewhat
more elusive. Internet auctions on these have resulted in prices of $8
to $36, which for what is effectively a Hot Wheels car is too much. My
messages to the manufacturer for a supplier we can get one from only
resulted in  http://www.fullgrid.com , who will only have it as part of
a complete James Bond set for $44.90, and not until next year. I'm still
looking, my local K-mart doesn't stock 'em, I'll try Target next. Lisa
Greco at Playing Mantis can be found at lgreco@playingmantis.com if you
want to contact the manufacturer directly.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com