Re: Palm Springs Public Apology

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Palm Springs Public Apology
From: SloMoIV@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:52:18 EST
In a message dated 12/2/98 12:43:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
laifman@flash.net writes:

<< Tigers,

 I have received some responses for my jest article, Monday
 evening, on the canceled Palm
 Springs Road races that thought it was quite funny.

 However, some responses appear to have thought the 'news
 report' genuine.

  Since I had reported the cancellation of those races the
 week before, I didn't think anyone would have taken it
 seriously.  Then again, I don't read all my mail that
 thoroughly, either.

 I sent out a clarification the next morning.   Even so, some
 new comments were received that made me feel that my effort
 at a little humor, and my clarification, were not well
 received by all.

 I hope those that know me will realize that my humor may be
 a little off-the-wall sometimes.

 I hope those who do not will accept my little jest, and not
 think I was
 claiming credit not earned, or trying to fool anyone.

 For those that do feel affronted, my sincerest public
 apologies.  I must be much more careful with satire in the
 future, so that it wouldn't appear to be so credible.

 Steve<<<<<<

Why apologize to a bunch of humor-less boobs who can't discern obvious satire?

Dick Sanders
Seattle