Palm Springs Public Apology

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Palm Springs Public Apology
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 12:39:36 -0800
Tigers,

I have received some responses for my jest article, Monday
evening, on the canceled Palm
Springs Road races that thought it was quite funny.

However, some responses appear to have thought the 'news
report' genuine.

 Since I had reported the cancellation of those races the
week before, I didn't think anyone would have taken it
seriously.  Then again, I don't read all my mail that
thoroughly, either.

I sent out a clarification the next morning.   Even so, some
new comments were received that made me feel that my effort
at a little humor, and my clarification, were not well
received by all.

I hope those that know me will realize that my humor may be
a little off-the-wall sometimes.

I hope those who do not will accept my little jest, and not
think I was
claiming credit not earned, or trying to fool anyone.

For those that do feel affronted, my sincerest public
apologies.  I must be much more careful with satire in the
future, so that it wouldn't appear to be so credible.

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >