Dan for President

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dan for President
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:05:50 -0800

Jeff of Tiger Technologies writes:

>The only problem is that if he is elected President, it is in
>direct conflict with club bylaws which specifically prohibit anyone with
an
>involvement with Tigers for profit from holding office.

So what is the explanation for Steve Alcala being president?  Because he
works on non-Tigers too?  Maybe we should see if Dan works on non-Tigers.
I know he works on Alpines and Imps.  Does that qualify?

I'd certainly vote for a change to the by-laws.  However, I suspect that
the number of votes required to change the by-laws might far exceed the
number of members who will bother to vote.  Anyone have the exact language
from the by-laws for the office requirements?  Besides, ever been to Dan's
place?  Maybe we can classify his involvement as "non-profit".  He has
certainly helped me many times without any monetary compensation.

As Rande said, if Dan is willing, I'll vote for whatever it takes.

Jay