Re: Throttle Cable Thanks

To: "Tiger Questions" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Throttle Cable Thanks
From: "Mike Burd" <mikeburd@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 16:01:57 -0600
I am restoring 65 Mk1 and am changing it to a 302. The mid 70's engine has a
6 bolt block to bell housing, and of course the 260 bell housing is a five
bolt.
Mark Postle on the net recommends finding a Ford housing
#D5DA 6394 AB - Well I found one .
The problem is he recommends replacing the retainer on the front of the
trans  with the larger retainer. Is this a Ford or Tiger part?
He recommends drilling the bell housing and putting bolts through. Will this
handle a 275Hp 302? The holes are just  through thin aluminum.
Would I be better to spend the money and buy  a "lakewood"  shield?
They are $500. bucks. I'm  not racing it, just for street use.
Does anyone have Mark Postle's e-mail?
- Mike Burd  mikeburd@msn.com