Frontal air pressures

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Frontal air pressures
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 01:18:05 -0800
As evidenced by many years of automobile design, I believe that the area in
front of the windshield is always shown to be a higher relative pressure
area due to the dam effect of the windshield.  That's why the
ventilation/AC  inlets are typically placed in that area.  It's also long
been observed that hot engine compartment air typically exits the front
facing scoop of an LAT hood, or any other similar un-baffled design.

Many years ago in the LA area, someone developed a very nice looking
fibreglass hood with a raised portion in the center, pointed at front and
opening just in front of the windshield.  I tried to get one but had no
luck.  Looked very classy even if it wasn't an LAT option.

Tom