inquiry 012199a

To: "TransAtlantic Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 012199a
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:38:53 -0500
TIGEROOTES@aol.com wrote:
>Wasn't he also involved in designing the Jeep Kammanche?

This guy got around, it seems; he also designed the Toyota Kammry and
the Roll-Royce Kammargue.
And didn't I see Kammpagnolo wheels on the Abarth on the web page
mentioned yesterday?

Hope to start removing the suspension from the Garage Queen on Sunday.
Least favorite part: popping the rear hubs loose. I figure that it's
best to do it first, while the real axle assembly is still attached to
the rear, so that there's +/- 2600 pounds of inertia to resist all the
whacking I'm going to apply to the hubs. Last time, when I pulled them
the possibility to knocking the car off the jackstands frightened me
s***less. Advice?

The front suspension doesn't bother me; it's been out so often I should
have used wing nuts to hold the crossmember on.

Hey, the comment about solid front bushings. I've had a set of Delrin
bushings from Tiger Auto Service for longer than the car (ex- Alpine V)
with no probs; perhaps I've just been lucky. Last night, I was on the
phone to Dale'$ All Briti$h, arranging for some goodies, and was told
about their fulcrum pins with solid aluminum bushings, lifetime
warranty. Kinda flies in the face of the logic that solid bushings would
transmit more shock to the pins; still thinking that one over.

I recently saw a sign in a local industrial park: "Powder Coating";
gotta look into that for the crossmember, A-arms, etc. Anybody do this
before, and, if so, how do you deal with threaded places or mating
surfaces--- tape over them ? Don't want to have to chisel off some of
the new coating to permit reassembly. And I'll show restraint in color
choice; on my Alpine V, I painted the front suspension yellow with red
dust shields for the brakes.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP