RE: tiger intake (for EFI conversion)

To: TIGERS@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: tiger intake (for EFI conversion)
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:35:59 -0700
Thanks to all who responded to my intake manifold question. I should have made
it more clear that the reason for bringing up the three manifolds in question is
that they are currently sitting in my garage.

The consensus was that a single-plane manifold is the way to go. I expect that
any low-end loss in torque due to switching from a dual-plane design to a
single-plane will be more than made up for by improved mixture control due to
having port injection. So, I'll machine the Holley Street Dominator manifold as
required. I'm sure that the Victor Jr. or Performer RPM would work as well, hood
clearance notwithstanding.

The EFI system I'm going with is an SDS fully programmable speed-density
computer, from a local company. It uses intake manifold absolute pressure,
charge-air temperature, RPM, and throttle position sensing to compute fuel
delivery. How much fuel gets delivered under what conditions is programmed (on
the fly if you are adventurous) using a handheld controller.

I'll keep the group posted on progress.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705