Brake Booster

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Booster
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:38:04 EST
What with you pansies on the coast.  Too much tofu and bean sprouts.

Most  owners in the Midwest have long ago bypassed their boosters.
Curt Bowland and Larry Marzano who are racing VSCRA run without
the booster.  When my booster failed I drove without for 6 months and
liked the firm feel.

Yes you have to use you right foot a bit more.

Doug Jennings in Dayton recommends switching to rear wheel cylinder
from the stoock tiger 3/4 in to the Series III Alpine which is 7/8 in.  This
gives you more braking power in the rear and the less likely the front
wheels will lock.

As to why the hand brake is on the left, its obvious.  On hills, you use
your left foot for the clutch, right for the brake and gas,  right hand to
shift
gears, and left hand to work the hand brake.  This leave you free to steer
with your teeth.  A great ergonomic design.