Re: Intake - Reply

To: BlueGolfer@aol.com, djones2@mdc.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Intake - Reply
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:17:53 -0800
At 05:45 PM 1/25/99 -0500, BlueGolfer@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/25/99 3:52:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, djones2@mdc.com
>writes:
>
>> Make sure you have enough room to lift the heads past
>>  the studs and out of the engine bay before you decide
>>  on studs.  Having to pull the engine to freshen a valve
>>  job is no fun.
>>
>You mean you can get the heads off while the engine block is in the car?
>

>Rob Kempinski
>Melbourne Fl

Rob, Dan, et Listers,

I, for one, have removed and re-installed heads with the engine in the
Tiger. I'm sure it would be impractical with studs instead of bolts. I was
a lot younger then. My back would probably start complaining if I tried
this today. Maybe jack up the car some so you don't have to bend over so
far. Also, take out the three motor mount hanger bolts on each side so you
can drop the engine a few inches. This makes it a lot easier to get to the
rear head bolts; especially on the left side.

Bob
Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com